Loenbro is looking for highly motivated individuals to join our team as Welder Laborers.
Located in Great Falls, MT position will work on layout, fabrication, installation, and repair of mechanical components in industrial equipment. Advancement opportunities available to grow and learn toward becoming certified pipe welder.
For more information about Loenbro – please visit the loenbro.com
- Performs any combination of following duties to assist workers in welding, brazing, and thermal and arc cutting activities: Moves workpieces, tools, and supplies, manually or by handtruck.
- Lifts, moves and holds, or clamps work pieces to table, into jigs, or into position as directed, manually or by using hoist, pry bars, wrenches, hammer, and wedges.
- Cleans workpieces to remove impurities, such as slag, rust, and grease, using wire brush, portable grinder, hand scraper, or chemical solutions.
- Connects hoses from hand torch to oxygen and fuel gas cylinders or connects cables from power source to electrode holder and workpiece or fixture.
- Removes, tags or marks, and moves finished work.
- May attach grappling equipment to objects preparatory to movement
- Perform all other job duties as assigned
- Requires a high school diploma or its equivalent.
- College/Trade School Certificate or Degree preferred
- Any welding experience, from flat iron to pipe welding.
- Experience in oilfield and/or refinery environment.
- May be required to complete an apprenticeship and/or formal training in area of specialty
- Ability to communicate orally with co-workers
- Regular use of a variety of both hand-held and motorized tools and machinery is essential.
- Good manual dexterity for the use of common tools and scaffolding is required.
- Current/valid drivers license
- Must pass pre-employment alcohol and drug test, as well as background screening
Outside the majority of the time
Potential exposure to extreme cold and hot temperatures
Manufacturing, pipeline, and refining environment
Fit and move in confined spaces including tanks and vessels
Limited working surfaces
The use of X-ray machines
Exposure to noise above 85 decibels and intense odors
Exposure to areas with limited visibility
Climbing up and down stairs and ladders to both get in and out of trenches and up to elevated platforms (scaffolding at significant heights)
Lifting necessary equipment and materials 1-50 pounds, 50% of the time on a monthly basis for required tasks
Potential or Periodic amounts of time for the following:
Walking on uneven terrain, with an average of 2 miles per day
Sit, stoop, crawl, and kneel
Use of respirator if position requires
Driving if required to travel
If driving is required, valid driver license and proof of insurability is required. All drivers are subject to a DMV background records search.
- Health Insurance - 75% of the Employee portion paid after 60 day waiting period
- Health Savings Account (HSA) optional enrollment
- Paid time off, after one (1) year of employment
- 401k after 1 year of employment with a company match up to 4%
- Employee paid Dental, Vision and Life Insurance
We are “Leading the Change” in the energy services industry. Our growth and successes have not changed who we are. We live our core values every day:
WE TAKE ACTION
WE DO WHAT WE SAY
WE LEAD BY EXAMPLE
WE DO THE RIGHT THING
WE PRACTICE STEWARDSHIP
*Loenbro is an Equal Opportunity Employer.