Insulator - Metal Mechanic
Loenbro Industrial Insulation Department is looking for qualified applicants to apply insulation supports, insulating materials and surface claddings and coatings to pipes, vessels, duct-work and associated equipment or other mechanical systems to control heat loss or gain, provide personnel protection, frost protection and maintain temperature, and/or provide noise control and fire protection. Salary is dependent on experience.
- Measure and cut insulation for covering surfaces, using tape measures, handsaws, knives, and scissors
- Remove or seal off old insulation, following safety procedures
- Fit insulation around obstructions, and shape insulating materials and protective coverings as requires
- Determine the amounts and types of insulation needed, and methods of installation, based on factors such as location, surface shape, and equipment use
- Determine the amounts and types of insulation needed, and methods of installation, based on factors such as location, surface shape, and equipment use.
- Install sheet metal around insulated pipes with screws to protect the insulation from weather conditions or physical damage.
- Apply, remove, and repair insulation, thermal and fire, on industrial and domestic equipment, pipes, ductwork, or other mechanical systems such as heat exchanges, tanks, pipework and vessels, to help control noise and maintain temperatures.
- Select appropriate insulation, thermal and fire, such as mineral wool, fiberglass, foams or other materials based on the heat retaining or excluding characteristics of the material
- Read blueprints and specifications to determine job requirements
- Cover, seal, or finish insulated surfaces or access holes with covers of metallic or nonmetallic, canvas strips, sealants, tape, cement or asphalt mastic
- Working with tools and machinery used in the tradeUse PPE properly while on jobsites (hard hat, safety glasses, etc.)
- Follow all company standards based on the employee handbook
- Perform all other duties as assigned
- 2-3 years’ insulating experience preferred
- GED or High School Diploma
- Ability to work from ladders and scaffolds
- Experience with sheet metal, end cutting nippers, hammer, square tape measures, razor knife and cordless impact.
- Experience with operating heavy machinery (forklifts and man lifts)
- Skilled in math which includes adding and subtracting fractions
- Lift & carry objects and materials of various weights
- Comfortable climbing and working at elevations above 25 ft.
- Ability to periodically lift 100 pounds, carry 50 pounds for short distances
Outside the majority of the time
Potential exposure to extreme cold and hot temperatures
Manufacturing, pipeline, and refining environment
Fit and move in confined spaces including tanks and vessels
Limited working surfaces
The use of X-ray machines
Exposure to noise above 85 decibels and intense odors
Exposure to areas with limited visibility
• Climbing up and down stairs and ladders to both get in and out of trenches and up to elevated platforms (scaffolding at significant heights)
• Lifting necessary equipment and materials 1-50 pounds, 50% of the time on a monthly basis for required tasks
• Potential or Periodic amounts of time for the following:
- Walking on uneven terrain, with an average of 2 miles per day
- Standing,Sitting, stooping, crawling, and kneeling
- Use of respirator if position requires
- Driving if required to travel
• If driving is required, valid driver license and proof of insurability is required. All drivers are subject to a DMV background records search.
• Health Insurance- 75% of the Employee portion paid
• Health Savings Account (HSA) optional enrollment
• Vacation after 1 year of employment
• 401k after 1 year of employment with a company match up to 4%
• Employee paid Dental and Vision Insurance
We are “Leading the Change” in the energy services industry. Our growth and successes have not changed who we are. We live our core values every day:
- WE TAKE ACTION
- WE DO WHAT WE SAY
- WE LEAD BY EXAMPLE
- WE DO THE RIGHT THING
- WE PRACTICE STEWARDSHIP
*Loenbro is an Equal Opportunity Employer.