Mechanic II/Field Service Mechanic
Position: Mechanic II/Field Service Mechanic
Company: Loenbro Equipment
Reports To: Shop Administrator
Wage Range: $24.00-$30.00/hour plus $100 per day per diem
Position Overview: To perform journeyman level mechanical repairs. Perform the duties of a mechanic involved in inspecting, repairing, fabricating, rebuilding, and maintaining light and heavy-duty equipment. Ability to perform heavy manual labor. Field Service to diagnose adjust, repair, or overhaul mobile mechanical, hydraulic, and pneumatic equipment, such as cranes, bulldozers, graders and conveyors, used in the field. Work special hours as required. Work is performed under the general supervision of the Shop Administrator.
- Perform skilled and mechanical repairs on both light and heavy equipment such as trucks, loaders, graders, bulldozers, tractors, man lifts, trailers, etc.
- Field mechanical repairs on all equipment
- Perform all duties of a mechanic involved in hands on repairs and maintenance of vehicles.
- Train and evaluate personnel in the use of shop equipment.
- Inspect equipment, analyze trouble, and plan sequence of repair operations.
- Ability to engage in heavy manual labor for extended periods, in all types of weather, and under various working conditions.
- Perform painting, heating, drilling, bolting, welding (MIG, Stick, TIG), brazing, sand blasting, soldering, and cutting operations.
- Adjust or repair and replace parts in engines, transmissions, differentials, brakes, and other equipment.
- Adjust or repair hydraulic systems and components.
- Maintain and instruct others on proper safety procedures.
- Respond to repair request.
- Record daily work in shop computer systems.
- Perform road service on equipment as required.
- Plow, shovel, and salt streets, parking lots, and sidewalks
- Perform related work as required
- Investigate complaints and equipment malfunctions.
- Coordinate parts run; maintain sufficient parts inventory.
- Analyze performance of equipment.
- Wash and clean administrative and other vehicles
- Recommend improved work methods and procedures, assist in training employees
- Attend meetings and classes as identified by Loenbro management and safety teams.
- Submit time on a daily basis to the Shop Administrator
- Submit receipts for material purchases and vendor services within 3 days of the expense.
- Comply with all Loenbro Safety Policies
- Perform other duties as assigned by Loenbro Administrators in a safe and efficient manner.
- See Expectations of Employment document for further detail.
- Experience and considerable knowledge of the methods, materials, and equipment used in the maintenance and repair of various types of heavy equipment and other power driven equipment and tools
- 2-5 years Field Mechanical Experience
- Positive and professional attitude at all times
- Working knowledge of the occupational hazards and safety precautions of the trade.
- Skilled in the operation of a variety of tools and equipment used in the repair of trucks and heavy equipment.
- Ability to prepare and maintain accurate records and reports
- Ability to understand and carry out complex oral and written instructions.
- Limited oversight required by supervisors on maintenance or repairs of all Loenbro equipment.
- Ability to analyze and repair mechanical failures.
- Ability to work effectively to establish good working relationships with other employees.
- Ability to work effectively with the general public.
- Clean driving record.
Special Requirements/Advancement Opportunities
- Must maintain a valid Driver’s License; Commercial Driver’s license including air brake endorsement is preferred.
- ASE Classification-Basic Electrical Brakes
- Experience in Metal Fabrication (welding)
- Basic computer literacy and ability to search for and enter data into a computer
- Advancement opportunity must include the ability to effectively communicate with managers, Loenbro team members, clients, and vendors. This includes, but is not limited to, scheduling repair needs, ordering necessary parts/equipment, prioritizing tasks, and communicating the progress and/or completion of repairs to necessary individuals.
- Subject to working in a variety of environments
- Potential exposure to extreme cold and hot temperatures
- Manufacturing, pipeline, and refining environment
- Fit and move in confined spaces including tanks and vessels
- Limited working surfaces
- Exposure to noise above 85 decibels and intense odors
- Exposure to areas with limited visibility
- Ability to maintain and prioritize tasks and projects in a busy shop environment
- Climbing up and down stairs and ladders to both get in and out of trenches and up to elevated platforms (scaffolding at significant heights)
- Lifting necessary equipment and materials 1-100 pounds, 50% of the time on a monthly basis for required tasks
- Potential or Periodic amounts of time for the following:
- If driving is required, valid driver license and proof of insurability is required. All drivers are subject to a DMV background records search.
- Health Insurance
- Health Savings Account (HSA) optional enrollment
- Vacation after 1 year of employment
- 401k after 1 year of employment with a company match up to 4%
- Employee paid Dental and Vision Insurance
We are “Leading the Change” in the energy services industry. Our growth and successes have not changed who we are. We live our core values every day:
WE TAKE ACTION
WE DO WHAT WE SAY
WE LEAD BY EXAMPLE
WE DO THE RIGHT THING
WE PRACTICE STEWARDSHIP
*Loenbro is an Equal Opportunity Employer.