Apprentice HVAC Technician
Loenbro Plumbing and Heating Department is looking for a highly motivated individual to work as an Apprentice HVAC Technician. Training in the HVAC field is provided and expected for success in this position. Individuals with an affinity for working with materials, working with their hands, such as auto and diesel mechanics, are typically highly successful in this role.
Position Overview: The Apprentice HVAC Technician, under the direction of the Master HVAC Technician, works directly with Journeyman HVAC Technicians with both commercial and residential HVAC projects and jobs. This position is responsible for the installation, start-up, troubleshooting, commissioning and servicing of commercial and residential HVACR equipment, systems and units.
- Prior experience working in either commercial and/or residential construction preferred, but not required
- Prior sales experience a plus
- Must be highly motivated and a self-starter and be able to troubleshoot effectively
- Must be able to follow directions
- Must be reliable and have excellent communication skills, both oral and written.
- Must be willing to submit to pre-employment screening, including criminal background check and drug screen.
- Basic computer knowledge is expected.
- Basic working knowledge of HVAC, hydronic, pumps, VFD drives, plumbing and electrical controls.
- Maintains rapport with customers by examining complaints; identifying solutions; suggesting improved methods and techniques; recommending system improvements.
- Keeps personal equipment operating by following operating instructions; troubleshooting breakdowns; maintaining supplies; performing preventive maintenance; calling for repairs.
- Prior commercial/industrial HVAC experience helpful
- Friendly and great communication skills and ability to sell goods and services to customers
- A basic understanding of blue prints, drawings and schematics to understand and assist with planning the layout of HVAC and mechanical systems is a plus
- Basic mathematic skills
- Must have good driving record and be insurable through company standards
- Able to lift 50lbs and stand/kneel for long periods of time
- Background and Drug testing will be done before hiring process and must be able to follow all company standards based on the employee handbook, drug & alcohol policy, and safety handbooks.
- Ability to work in awkward spaces with the ability to stand, shift, bend, reach, kneel, and stoop, in order to complete tasks
- Ability to complete projects on schedule, within budget, with quality workmanship that conforms to the original plans and specifications
- Maintains a current Montana driver’s license with clean driving record, is insurable through the Company and reports any circumstances where driving record could be affected.
- Creates a safety-minded atmosphere, free of drug and alcohol abuse within the corporate structure.
- Must able to work in extreme weather conditions
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications.
- The Apprentice HVAC Technician will follow and perform other instructions and other related duties as set forth by management
- 40 hours per week and occasional overtime
Starting pay per Montana Apprenticeship guidelines
*Loenbro provides pay increases based upon course work (bookwork) completion. (Completion of bookwork is self-paced so apprentices at Loenbro can earn pay increases in this manner, regardless of the number of on the job hours completed.)
- Health Insurance - 75% of the Employee portion paid after 60 day waiting period
- Health Savings Account (HSA) optional enrollment
- Paid time off, after one (1) year of employment
- 401k after 1 year of employment with a company match up to 4%
- Employee paid Dental,Vision and Life Insurance
Location: Great Falls, MT
We are “Leading the Change” in the energy services industry. Our growth and successes have not changed who we are. We live our core values every day:
WE TAKE ACTION
WE DO WHAT WE SAY
WE LEAD BY EXAMPLE
WE DO THE RIGHT THING
WE PRACTICE STEWARDSHIP